NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi celebrated the anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s Dandi March on Friday and started the “Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav” on this occasion.
“Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav” is a series of events organized by the Indian government on the 75th anniversary of independence. The Mahotsav is celebrated as a popular movement across the country.
Here is everything you need to know about ‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’.::
* A National Implementation Committee, headed by the Minister of the Interior of the Union, has been set up to define the policy and the planning of the events to be held for the commemoration.
* Curtain-opening activities will begin March 12th for a total of 75 weeks prior to August 15, 2022
#ThisDayThatYear 1930 Mahatma Gandhi sets out on foot accompanied by many supporters to break the repressive … https://t.co/RQ8zigxcqz
– PIB in Maharashtra @ (@PIBMumbai) 1615525500000
* The curtain was raised on the India @ 75 theme, such as a movie, website, song, “Aatmanirbhar Charkha” and “Aatmanirbhar Incubator”.
* A cultural program was also organized on March 12th to celebrate the indomitable spirit of the country.
Azadi ka #AmritMahotsav On March 12, 1930, Gandhi ji began the 390 kilometer march from Sabarmati to Dandi with … https://t.co/si4VLhZunZ
– MIB India St #StayHome #StaySafe (@MIB_India) 1615519942000
* The ‘Padyatra’ has been marked by the Prime Minister and is being undertaken by 81 demonstrators from the Sabarmati Ashram to Dandi in Navsari, a journey of 241 miles ending April 5th and lasting 25 days.
* Union Minister Prahlad Singh Patel led the first 75 km leg of the Padyatra. Governor Acharya Devvrat, Union MoS Prahlad Singh Patel and Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani also attended the celebrations.
(With contributions from agencies)