Tulsi Vivah 2022: Tulsi Vivah is one of the most important and religious festivals which is celebrated by crores of devotees of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Tulsi. People organize Tulsi Vivah with Shaligram who is regarded as Lord Vishnu. Tulsi Vivah is celebrated on the next day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi or Dwadashi Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Kartik ie, Nov 52022.
Tulsi Vivah 2022: Date and Time
Dwadashi Tithi Begins – November 4, 2022 – 06:08 PM
Dwadashi Tithi Ends – November 5, 2022 – 05:06 PM
Tulsi Vivah 2022: Shubh Muhurat
Morning Muhurat – 07:58 AM to 09:20 AM
Afternoon Muhurat – 01:27 PM to 02:49 PM
Evening Muhurat – 05:33 PM to 07:11 PM
Tulsi Vivah 2022: Significance
Tulsi Vivah holds a great significance among Hindus and it is celebrated with enthusiasm and fervor. Tulsi Vivah is an essential part and the Lord Vishnu devotees celebrate this festival on a grand level. Temples are decorated with lights and flowers and Bhajan kirtans are organised, conduct marriage ceremony of Goddess Tulsi with Lord Shaligram. Some people even organize food stalls (Bhandara) and distribute food, water to all the needy and poor people. It is believed that the couple who are childless and organize Tulsi Vivah through a qualified priest, get blessed with child and people who do not have girl child, do kanyadaan considered Goddess Tulsi as their daughter.
Tulsi Vivah 2022: Story
There is a story behind Tulsi Vivah is that there was a demon who was appeared from the rage of Lord Shiva and he became an enemy of all deities. Later he got married to Vrinda as suggested by Shukracharya (Demon’s Guru) because she was a loyal woman and also an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu.
Nobody could defeat or kill Jalandhar because of the character or Pativrata Dharma of his wife Vrinda and it became impossible for deities to defeat Jalandhar. She decided to conduct a puja ritual for the well being and longevity of her husband but Lord Vishnu already knew that if she would successfully perform the Puja then Jalandhar would become immortal and impossible to kill then Lord Vishnu appeared in the form of Jalandhar and sat with Vrinda to complete the Puja ritual and Lord Vishnu destroyed her character in that way.
When she knew that it was not Jalandhar but Lord Vishnu then she cursed Lord Vishnu to become a stone which is now worshiped as Shaligram. Knowing this Goddess Laxmi went to Vrinda and requested her to take her curse back, Vrinda accepted Goddess Laxmi’s request and relieved him from her curse but she ended her own life.
Then, Lord Vishnu bless her that she would become a Tulsi and because of her true devotion towards him, he would marry her in the form of Shaligram and without Tulsi, his puja would be considered incomplete. Since then Tulsi Vivah with Shaligram is celebrated among Hindus throughout the world.
SO READ, Dev Uthani Ekadashi 2022: Date, Time, Puja Vidhi and Significance of Prabodhini Ekadashi
Tulsi Vivah 2022: How Tulsi Vivah is celebrated???
1. The marriage ceremony of the Lord Shaligram with Tulsi is celebrated like any traditional Hindu wedding. The rituals are observed in various temples with great enthusiasm.
2. The observer of the Tulsi vivah must keep the fast till the evening, when the actual ceremony begins.
3. Devotees make a madap around the tulsi and decorate it with colorful rangoli.
4. The Tulsi plant is then beautifully adorned with bright saree or dupatta and other ornaments just like an Indian bride.
5. Vermillion powder and turmeric is also applied on the Tulsi plant.
6. The groom is depicted as shaligram, another form of Lord Vishnu.
7. Offer water to Shaligram and do abhishekam with panchamrit.
8. Take Shaligram and keep it with Tulsi Plant.
9. Light a diya with desi ghee and offer flowers or garland to Goddess Tulsi and Lord Shaligram.
10. Decorate Shaligram Ji with yellow cloth.
11. Offer 5 Shringaar items to Goddess Tulsi – Sindor, Bindi, Bangles, Haldi and Mehandi.
12. Do Gathbandhan with a red and yellow sacred thread.
13. Devotees organize kirtan on Tulsi Vivah.
14. They prepare satvik food – Aaloo Ki Sabzi, Poori, Halwa, Kheer, Pumpkin vegetable and Raita and decorate a thaali for bhog prasad.
15. The Tulsi vivah ceremony can either be performed by a priest.
16. All women can perform puja rituals regardless of age and gender but only widows are not allowed to participate in the Tulsi vivah ceremony.
17. Priest chant mantras and perform all the marriage rituals.
18. After completing all the rituals, all devotees shower rice mixed with vermillion along with flowers on the newlyweds.
19. All the devotees then chant Tulsi Aarti.
20. They offer bhog prasad and fruits to Goddess Tulsi and Lord Shaligram. Then the Bhog Prasad is distributed among all the family members and all the people who are present in the ceremony.
Mahaprasad Janani Sarv Saubhagyavardhini,
Aadhi Vyadhi Hara Nityam Tusli Tvam Namostute..!!
‘महाप्रसाद जननी सौभाग्यवर्धिनी सौभाग्यवर्धिनी, आधि व्याधि हरा तुलसी त्वं नमोस्तुते’ .. !!